At the very centre of any kitchen is a sink and tap. There are a large choice of sizes, materials and shapes which are precision engineered and at Gill’s we reccomend Franke sinks which offer a 50 year guaratee.
When choosing your sink there are a three main types to choose from:
- Inset – This classic method of installation involves your sink being installed from above into a cut out in your worktop. It gives you the widest choice of sink shapes, sizes and styles to choose from.
- Undermount – Particularly pleasing when combined with granite, wood or solid surface worktops. Fitted underneath the work surface, it gives an edgeless finish that is easy to clean.
- Belfast – The quintessential choice for a stylish, hardworking kitchen. They are easy to clean, resistant to stains and provide a large bowl.
Nowadays there a variety of materials that kitchen sinks are made from:
- Fragranite – Is a exceptionally strong material which is highly resistant to burns, dents, chips and stains. Its made from 80% granite to form a unique material which has a subtle sheen and is warm to touch.
- Stainless Steel – Made from a premium quality chrome nickel steel, its highly resistant to staining, rust and corrosion – plus it won’t chip, craze, flake or break. Stainless steel has a timeless quality which will last for years
- Glass – Glass sinks are made using a combination of toughened safety glass and stainless steel to cope with even the most demanding enviroment. Perfect for that modern, aesthetic statement in the kitchen
- Ceramic – Ceramic sinks have been a popular choice for years and combine well with a variety of work surfaces. They have a smooth, impervious surface which is resistant to all standard household chemicals.
To view the full range of Franke sinks please click here